This is Kenny and Esther’s Western Red Cedar THOW that’s for sale in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The home features 170 sq. ft. and SIP construction and was built by Kenny DeLapp (who now builds custom adobe homes).
This tiny house was designed by us in 2012 and built in early 2013. We lived in it full-time through 2016 while we built our permanent house, a two bedroom adobe in Albuquerque’s South Valley. Please get is touch with us for more information.
Additional details and contact information available below the pictures!
Western Red Cedar THOW For Sale, NM
Video: Kenny and Esther’s Tiny House
- 21 foot long, 14,000 pound double axle trailer by J&B Trailers. Trailer has fewer than 500 miles on it, and tires have been covered to protect them from sunlight and weather. The tiny house itself is bolted from underneath, and could be lifted off the trailer to a permanent foundation, if desired.
- Floor, walls, and ceiling constructed with Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs). Do your research on this method of construction, and you’ll quickly see why these are the superior choice for mobile tiny houses. SIPs outperform conventional stick frame construction both in insulative properties (no thermal bridging from studs), and in axial load strength.
- Western Red Cedar siding, finished with a UV protecting penetrating oil.
- Full Legal Towing Width. Loft is located over the wheel axles for better weight distribution and safer towing. House takes advantage of full legal towing width (making the interior significantly wider than popular Tumbleweed models).
- Pella Architect Series windows. Aluminum clad, Douglas Fir. 9 windows in total, (2 picture windows, 5 casement, and 2 awning). There are two skylights as well, flooding the space with natural light and giving it a “bigger than it looks” feel. Custom window sills made from wood harvested and milled in Colorado by the builder. Sleek cordless honeycomb shades are installed within the window casement.
- DC wiring, and standard RV hookups. DC wiring for light fixtures creates the possibility for a solar power source. Outlets are AC wiring, convenient for everyday electronics. Electricity and water are standard RV hookups, propane gas lines are hard pipe.
- Open floor plan for a spacious feel, or customized storage options. We had originally planned on installing a built-in folding table and wardrobe, however we preferred the flexibility of the open floor plan.
- Real wood finishes. Clear vertical grain Douglas Fir flooring. Exposed spruce rafters and pine wood paneling on ceiling. Built in couch and storage unit for storage of everyday items.
- Large Kitchen. Large and thoughtful kitchen layout for serious cooks. Spacious L shape provides several square feet of counter space. Features real cabinetry, pull out wire pantry, and maple butcher block counter tops.
- Unique Off-Grid Appliances. 3 cubic foot refrigerator operable on propane, DC power, or normal AC power. 20″ propane gas range with battery ignition, heavy duty cast iron top, real oven, and broiler. Appliances manufactured by Unique in Canada. Also features an EcoTemp propane water heater.
- Hobbit Wood Stove. Wood stove is the Hobbit model, made in England by Salamander Stoves. Solid cast iron and rated to heat spaces up to 300 square feet. Takes up to 8″ logs, or can be used to burn coal. Steel heat shield is furred out with aluminum square tubing to rapidly disperse heat. Air intake to outside is concealed behind shielding.
- Bathroom features a 30″ shower, small hand washing basin, and flush toilet. For off grid applications wiring is available for a commercial composting toilet, (which usually include a built-in exhaust fan).
- Storage loft (23 square feet) above bathroom.
- Sleeping loft is accessed with custom built, sturdy ash and walnut ladder, with grip tape rungs, safely held in place with steel bolts. Dormer style windows add additional head space, and allow a full size futon mattress to be oriented in either direction.
- $49,000. Delivery possible within New Mexico; happy to investigate insured delivery by professional driver for a longer haul.
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Falling Leaves Tiny Home For Sale in Cedar Park, Texas – Price Reduced - September 18, 2017
- Andréanne and Nathaniel’s Tiny House by Lumbec - July 6, 2017
- SimBLISSity 26′ Tahosa Tiny House For Sale, Lyons CO - July 6, 2017