Do you want to learn all the technical design and construction details you need to build your tiny house on wheels in a supportive and fun setting?
Consider PAD Tiny Houses’ upcoming Tiny House Basics Workshop in Portland, Oregon on May 14-15th.
Right now participants can save $25 on registration by signing up early, and save another $25 if they sign up with a friend! Please enjoy, learn more, and re-share below. Thank you!
Upcoming Tiny House Workshop With Dee Williams
PAD Tiny Houses’ two-day Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a house on wheels. With a mix of classroom-style learning and a tour of real tiny houses, they address:
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods.
- Cultivating home—the place and the people who make community.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations.
- Tiny house building basics, including how to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Tiny house building science, including moisture control, ventilation, heating and cooling.
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas and water systems.
Here’s Dee making the material truly come to life with a model she made by hand to explain the vital importance of properly securing your house to your trailer:
PAD has been teaching this workshop for years, allowing us to fine-tune it to improve it each time, and giving us the chance to inspire a lot of awesome people who went on to build their own tiny homes and become fixtures in the movement! Here’s what Alek Lisefski of The Tiny Project had to say about the PAD workshop experience he had before building his award-winning tiny house on wheels:
“I had done a lot of research prior to attending, but It wasn’t until I finished the PAD workshop that I was convinced this crazy tiny house idea was possible. I met so many like-minded people, got lots of questions answered, and it was the support from Dee, Joan, and the PAD crew that really inspired me to dive in and start my tiny house journey. Here I am, 2.5 years later, having lived in my tiny house for over a year, and I’m loving it! Thank you PAD for kick-starting my project and giving me the confidence I needed to follow it through!” – Alek Lisefski
PAD is only teaching two Tiny House Workshops this year, with another date to be named in November. So if you want to get building this summer, now is the time to dive in and learn! Learn more about the May Workshop now and save!
You can share this tiny house story with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this tiny house story you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny House Workshops Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Billy Ulmer (see all)
- Holiday Sale on Dee Williams’ Tiny House Workshop! - December 14, 2016
- Take Your Tiny House from Dream to Design! - December 13, 2016
- The Warm and Modern Bunk Box Tiny House on Wheels! - October 27, 2016