If you love Tumbleweed’s tiny house designs but you’d prefer something even smaller than the Vardo gypsy style camper (link to video version of this post) might be exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Gypsy Style Super Tiny House
It’s a gypsy style camper that will fit in the back of your truck or on a small trailer. Perfect if you want to travel or just use for camping on the weekends.
It’s also a great way to spruce up on your building skills before you tackle on a larger project.
Using Recycled Materials
Jay Shafer, founder of Tumbleweed, built the first Vardo from mostly recycled materials. He only had to spend a few hundred dollars to make it. And you can make it look really cool if you find some stained glass you can use for a window.
Jay and his wife have actually used it themselves when traveling throughout California and I wouldn’t mind having one myself!
The Plans So You Can Build One For Yourself
As usual Jay and their team have created detailed plans to make it easy for you to follow and build your own. The building plans include…
- Elevation drawings from all 4 sides
- Window and door openings
- Finish materials
- Two pages on how to frame each wall (front, back and sides)
- How to create the rounded roof
- How to create the slight angle on the side walls
- Floor framing
- How to insulate and where
- What types of wood studs to use
- What materials to use
- How to secure it to your truck
- How to secure it to a trailer
With the plans you also get details on the doors and other basic components.
Image: Tumbleweed Houses
On Sale Until July 8th 2011
If you want the plans the sale ends soon and trust me… The price is right.
Regularly $29.95 you can gain instant access to the plans for just $15,95. Click the link below to make your purchase.
Note: After July 8th price goes back to $29.95.
Video Version of this Post
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 8×12 Tiny House Design Contest And Book Giveaway - March 25, 2015
- Millionaire Pro Baseball Player Also a Van Dweller - March 23, 2015
- Funny Tiny House Video: Portlandia Tiny House Living Satire - March 22, 2015