J. Michael Moore is an interior designer who lives in New York City and today we’re touring his tiny NYC apartment.
It’s a 225-square-foot studio that he remodeled with crown molding, new paint, decorations, and a sleeping loft.
Moore chose furniture that he could easily move around so he can change his configuration whenever he wants.
The majority of the living space is for hanging out and having friends over while the back portion of it is dedicated to his work.
In the kitchen he was missing counter space to be able to cook but thanks to the open floor plan he was able to add a recycled island to fix this.
Watch the Video Tour of this Tiny NYC Apartment Below
Moore added a sleeping loft directly above the kitchen so that he wouldn’t have to worry about having a bed in the middle of the limited space in the studio.
He was able to make it work even though he’s 6’4″ there’s still plenty of space in the kitchen and the sleeping loft.
8 Tips for Living Happy in a Tiny NYC Apartment or Studio
- Choose one solid color for each of your rooms and it will make your small space feel bigger (including decorations)
- Be organized with where you put your stuff because it will lead to less frustration
- Form habit to put away things as soon as you’re done using it to keep neat and clean
- Create your own sleeping loft or bunk bed to double up on space
- Make your space yours by adding decorations that make you happy
- Add crown molding and/or upgrade base molding
- Buy furniture that’s easy to move so you can easily rearrange your space
- Buy as much furniture as you can that you can see through to help the space feel bigger
225-square-feet NYC Studio Tour with J. Michael Moore
Video thanks to SpacesTV on YouTube.
If you enjoyed this post “Like” and share using the buttons below and let us know what you liked best about this Tiny NYC Apartment. Thanks!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Fifth Wheel Tiny House on Wheels by Mississippi Tiny House - April 24, 2017
- Essen’Ciel Tiny Home by Baluchon - April 24, 2017
- 545 Sq. Ft. Simi Valley Hillside Cottage - April 24, 2017