A chest solar refrigerator or freezer might be a great way for you to save space (and energy) in your tiny house kitchen.
This type of fridge is great for tiny homes on wheels. (It’s already been proven on sailboats, hasn’t it?)
A small chest style fridge can save you space because it’s a it opens upward (see below).
This means you can design it so it can be installed right into your kitchen counter.
And you can also run them on a 12 volt battery system.
I almost forgot to mention that they’re VERY energy efficient and can even run on a solar panel!
I encourage you to enjoy the video tour then discuss using this type of refrigerator in tiny houses in the comments below:
Video Review: Sundanzer DC Powered 12V Solar Fridge for Off Grid Tiny Houses
The only downside is that they’re pricey. Normally well over $1000 + shipping. See below for size options, pricing, customer reviews and availability:
- SunDanzer Solar-Powered Chest Refrigerator – 1.8 Cubic Ft
- SunDanzer Solar-Powered Chest Refrigerator – 5.8 Cubic Ft
- SunDanzer Solar-Powered Chest Refrigerator – 8 Cubic Ft
- Sundanzer Solar-Powered Chest Freezer – 5.8 Cubic Ft.
- Great article on how all of this is hooked up and works
If you enjoyed this review that shows you how to build a DIY home solar power refrigerator system you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with more!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- The 24′ Fox Sparrow Tiny Home by Rewild Homes - March 27, 2017
- Tiny Library Cabin in the Georgia Forest Built in Two Weeks for $2k! - March 25, 2017
- Huttopie Tiny House on Wheels - March 25, 2017