Last month I gave you a recap of what has been happening behind the scenes here at Tiny House Talk.
As a reminder, this “behind the scenes” series is where I publicly talk about improvements and changes for our site.
It’s also where you can share your ideas in the comments. What do you wish I’d do more of around here? Or what feature do you wish we had?
Tiny House Events and Workshops I’ll Be At
I’m really excited about a few upcoming tiny house events and workshops that I’m going to get to be a part of. This also includes a Tiny Home Builders workshops I’m co-hosting with Dan Louche.
So here’s where I’ll be in the upcoming months. I hope I get to meet some of you. And I’m really excited to get to meet so many people I’ve been reading about and emailing back and forth with over the years.
- RelaxShacks.com and TinyHouseListings.com Workshop in Wilmington, NC hosted by Derek Diedricksen and Steven Harrell
- Tiny Home Builders hands on tiny house workshop in Alpharetta, GA hosted by Dan Louche and me
- Tiny House Fair at Yestermorrow in Vermont which was put together by Elaine from TinyHouseCommunity.com
Are you going to be attending any of these three events this year? If so, let me know! And be sure to say hello when you see me there. Looking forward to meeting you. Hmm, maybe I should add an events area to this site?
You might have noticed the new Facebook comments area under each of our posts now. This is just to make it more convenient to comments if you’re a Facebook user and already logged in once you get to our site. I really think it helps with discussions. But we’ll always keep the other comments area too for those of you who don’t use Facebook.
Our very first Facebook comment experiment was on this post: Nate & Jen’s tiny house on wheels and we have 20 FB comments there and counting. I thought that was cool! And I hope you all enjoy the new feature.
Sidebar Changes: Search, Posts & Banner Ads
You might have noticed the new Top Posts & Pages sidebar links with thumbnails on the right.
I’ve also added a search function at the top and bottom of the sidebar on the right in case you’re ever looking for something in particular.
I’m also experimenting with some different ads in our sidebar. Instead of banner ads I’ll be creating our own ads to promote other posts and pages within Tiny House Talk instead of leading you somewhere else.
If you have any input/suggestions on any of these changes I’d love to read your thoughts in the comments. Thanks.
Tiny House Workshops Catalog Update (2013)
As you might already know I’ve made the essential updates to our Tiny House Workshops Catalog for 2013. Feel free to download it anytime for free at TinyHouseWorkshops.com.
Tiny House Plans Catalog Update (2013)
I also had the chance to update our Tiny House Plans Catalog for 2013. It’s exciting because we went from listing just 32 tiny house plans to now featuring more than 60! Download the new catalog for free at Tiny-House-Plans.com anytime.
Coming Soon to Tiny House Talk
I like to close these “behind the scenes” sessions with what I’m currently working on which is what’s coming soon. And as always, I’m open and receptive to your thoughts and suggestions. So please SHARE in the comments!
Anyway, here’s what I’m working on lately:
- updating our Tiny House Books Catalog for 2013
- releasing more free tiny house designs of my own
- updating and cleaning up our navigation menu
- cleaning up and updating sidebar menu
- editing and releasing Tiny House Talk Interview Series (audio): first one is available here
- growing our Tiny House Loans and Investor lists to fund more tiny houses
- starting our free weekly tiny house talk webinars again with more people involved
- more tiny house photos, videos, interviews, and helpful information for daily posts
What do you think I should do next? What do you wish I would do? If you could tell me what to do, what would you tell me to do? Please share in the comments. Thanks!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Fifth Wheel Tiny House on Wheels by Mississippi Tiny House - April 24, 2017
- Essen’Ciel Tiny Home by Baluchon - April 24, 2017
- 545 Sq. Ft. Simi Valley Hillside Cottage - April 24, 2017