If you’ve been following Tiny House Talk you remember I was invited to go to Tumbleweed’s Tiny House Workshop in Orlando, Florida.
The time has arrived and I’m getting ready for the trip right now. We’ll be driving up there tomorrow morning so that we can meet up with the whole crew that evening.
I’m looking forward to meeting everyone at Tumbleweed Houses (Jay, Steve and Brett) along with those of you who are attending the workshop.
I’m also thrilled about being able to learn about…
- How to build an effective tiny house
- The 14 tools that Jay uses
- Building a house on a trailer
- Selecting materials; which to avoid
- Framing and sheathing
- Insulation and venting
- Heaters and appliances
- Building codes and zoning laws
Plus some more on design related things too…
- Sizing windows
- Working with fire codes
- How to get compact choices for cabinets, doors, and showers
- Details on the trailers
- How to draw plans
- Question and answer with Jay Shafer
I’ll see if I can find an Internet connection while I’m there to keep you updated.
Yesterday I made a new page over at my tiny house living resource website – check it out. It’s about portable homes of all kinds… And if you have one, you can show it off right there too (you’ll see).
If you’re interested in attending one of Tumbleweed’s Tiny House Workshops (with Jay Shafer) click here to go to their site.
Here’s your stealthy van dwelling…
Sometimes when I’m driving around and I see a cool motor home or something, one of us takes a picture so we can show you.
I like this one a lot because it’s stealthy – barely looks like an RV. You can tell it has plenty of features from the vents, windows etc. But overall, it doesn’t look like an RV and can pass as a commercial vehicle. Especially with some logos…
Okay, last thing. Since I’m going to the workshop…
What do you want me to ask Jay?
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 28ft Pacific Getaway Tiny House with Transforming Bedroom/Dining Room: Built by Handcrafted Movement! - December 9, 2017
- Foldable Prefab A-frame Cabin by MADI in Italy - December 9, 2017
- How You Can Finally Stay in a Tiny House! 34 Tiny House Vacations You Can Book Now! - December 9, 2017