This 192 sq. ft. off-grid tiny cabin design was submitted as part of Lamar’s off grid tiny house design contest where you can win up to $500.
But this 12′ x 16′ tiny house is designed to be built using 2×6 construction to add extra insulation because the home will be heated with solar power.
There will be a ‘soda can’ type solar heater as well as using natural window solar heating by design. It is also set up to receive wind power and collect rainwater.
A propane tank can be used just in case solar water heated water is not available and it can also be used for cooking if needed.
192 Sq. Ft. Off-Grid Solar Tiny Cabin
More information on this design and its inspiration is available at the original post on Simple Solar Homesteading.
More Designs In This Contest
- 200 Sq. Ft. Quixote Cabin
- 280 Sq. Ft. Solar Off Grid Tiny Cabin
- Jayne’s 192 Sq. Ft. Cottage
- Stealthy DIY 5th Wheel Cargo Trailer Off Grid Home
Win Cash Prizes and More w/ LaMar’s Tiny House Contest
LaMar is accepting your designs that are:
- 200 sq. ft. or less,
- 201-400 sq. ft.,
- Tiny Homes on Wheels,
- House boats,
- Van Conversions,
- or Campers
There’s almost no limit to what you can create for your very own customized and personalized tiny home.
If you enjoyed this tiny home design you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with even more!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Fifth Wheel Tiny House on Wheels by Mississippi Tiny House - April 24, 2017
- Essen’Ciel Tiny Home by Baluchon - April 24, 2017
- 545 Sq. Ft. Simi Valley Hillside Cottage - April 24, 2017