Although I love a good traditional tiny house, I’m also fascinated by round homes and curved roofs. Cecil just sent us a link to her DIY Instructional Book that will teach you how to build a 12 x 8 ft. Garden Pod with a rounded roof for less than $1,000.
It comes in both PDF E-Book ($19) and printed book form ($29).
The interior of the house is simple (this doesn’t go into detail, for example, about plumbing or electricity), but it makes a great shell to then outfit however you please. Or, use it for a little guest bedroom or backyard office.
How To Build a Garden Pod: DIY Instructional Book
I started off considering purchasing a ready to go framework but, the price tag of around £1K to me was a big chunk of money just to get started. For most DIY enthusiasts the frame structure is the greatest challenge. The method I have used is simple and well within the capability of anyone with average skills. The manual will show that the method I used is easy to follow and effective.
What’s Covered in the Book:
- Setting up bench for making frame (No cost here as two of the 8x4ft (2400 x 1200mm) sheets purchased for the floor and a few wooden pallets are all that is required)
- Cutting 3” (75mm) wide strips of ¼ inch (6mm) ply for making frame
- Setting up frame shape on bench
- Gluing each frame section
- Adding frame for window and door in two of the frame sections
- Setting up frame structure on site
- Timber cladding outside
- T&G cladding inside
Where to Purchase:
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Tiny Barn-style Cabin in Alpharetta, Georgia - November 26, 2017
- $30k Tiny House on Wheels with ‘Murphy’ Bed For Sale! - October 23, 2017
- Falling Leaves Tiny Home For Sale in Cedar Park, Texas – Price Reduced - September 18, 2017